- by Anschutz PR
By Lauryn Trimmer
Let’s say you’re starting up a business or a new line of products, and of course, you want to get the attention of the media.
You could send out press releases. (Time consuming.) Or you could slowly build up your email list and hope that it brings media attention. (It usually won’t.)
Or… you could just have a party.
A launch party is basically a party to make your service or product look amazing. Launch parties are all about building brand profile, to increase the excitement about your product.
You don’t even need a new product to have a launch party. Update an old product, and do a “re-launch” party instead.
If you’re just starting out, it’s a good idea to hire professionals to help you. Photographers, catering services, and bartenders can all help your launch party run smoothly.
And of course, a PR team can help you organize the event! (Wink wink.)
Here are some sample ideas for a small budget launch party, for a fictional company I’ll call “Green.” Their new product is a food processor.
- Venue: a nearby restaurant
- Theme: Cooking Just Got Easier! (Emphasis on the fact that Green’s food processor is the easiest)
- Guests: A few journalists, investors, people involved in the company, brand influencers, food/parenting bloggers
- Entertainment: Food, product demos, giveaways (cookbooks, food processors, etc).
- Bonus freebies for guests: free drinks at the restaurant bar, free valet parking, tee shirts for attendees
If Green was a larger company, their launch party might also include:
- A larger and fancier venue
- A celebrity as the keynote speaker, and several celebrities on the guest list
- Live music or a DJ
- More freebies!
Even if it seems like a lot of work at first, the payoff down the road will be mind blowing. You never know who might decide to recommend your product five years from now, because you gave them a free cupcake at your launch party.
Everyone loves a good party. So what are you waiting for? Anschutz Public Relations can help you host the perfect launch party! We specialize in helping your company grow. For more information, contact us through our website, www.AnschutzPR.com.